Duties and Responsibilities: The VCPPL’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Recruit volunteers and manage the volunteer experience: schedule shifts, assign duties, send reminders and follow-up
- Manage the program participant experience: accept and review applications, provide orientation to applicants, coordinate the sales, manage the warranty process, update and maintain the impact/outcome database
- Assist the Car Flow Manager in transporting vehicles;
- Answer the telephone and return calls, referring callers to appropriate answers and resources;
- Send thank you notes and other correspondence to vehicle donors;
- Other duties as assigned.
Status: 30 to 40 hours/week
Responsible to: Executive Director
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 3 years of related experience
Personal: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Gmail; Ability to manage multiple tasks; attention to detail; ability to respond appropriately to changing situations; great communication skills, both oral and written; ability to work independently and as a team member; commitment to organization’s goals regarding quality, productivity and customer service; commitment to the mission and philosophy of Working Wheels; a safe driving record and valid NC Driver’s License.
Vision, Hearing, and Speaking: Ability to read and analyze data daily and to communicate with staff and public daily via telephone and in person.
Agility and Dexterity: Ability to input and retrieve data daily; required to perform written communication and use office equipment necessary to the fulfillment of job duties (computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copy machine); may be required to stand for long periods of time; required to operate an automobile on a regular basis.
Mental: Ability to read, comprehend and analyze data daily.
Working Wheels does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, handicap or disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Jamie@workingwheelswnc.org.